In today’s time, everyone does their work on the computer screen or using smartphones. But they don’t know that the blue light that comes from these devices affects our eyes too much. Even many people ask why blue light is so bad for eyes and also want to know that how they can protect their eyes from the blue light. In this article, we are going to discuss them. Visit barbaraiweins.com for more information.
Why blue light is bad for the eyes?
There is no doubt that everyone spends lots of their time on screen devices and the blue light comes from those devices. This blue light is directly coming from electronics is related to many eye problems such as blurry vision, dry eye, cataracts, eyestrain, and macular degeneration. Not only this, but some people also face sleep issues, which means they cannot get enough sleep because of these blue light effects.
What does a person can do to protect them from blue light?
It is common in today’s time to work on the computer screen, using smartphones and tablets, for the different works. Even we cannot do any work without using these devices. In that case, it is very hard to stay away from the blue light that comes from these devices. But if you want to stay away from this blue light then you can use steps or things, with the help of them you can protect your eyes from this bad blue light. These are mentioned below:
- Use Filters: For escaping from the blue light that comes from the computer screen and smartphones, one can use the different filters. These filters help to decrease the amount of blue light and stop reaching the retina in our eyes.
- Computer Glasses: One can use the computer glasses while they work on the computer screen. These glasses come with the yellow-light, which decreases the blue light amount to affect our eyes.
- An intraocular lens (IOL): After cataract surgery, the cloudy lens is replaced with the intraocular lens. The lens protects the eyes from ultraviolet light and also from blue light. Even IOL types are protected our eyes and retina from harmful light.
- Anti-reflective lenses: Anti-reflective lenses are very effective when you work on the computer screen or come in contact with the sunlight. With the use of anti-reflective lenses, your eyes will get less blue light and stay safe.
- Screen time: If you do work on the screen for a long time or a full day, then try to less work on the screen or take a break in some time. If you take a break for 2 minutes from the screen then your eyes will get rest, and the blue light does not affect your eyes.
In your house, if any of one is suffering from eye irritation and wants to escape from the bad blue light then you can also take consult an eye care professional. Even by following these above-mentioned points, you will also get much relief.