Public Investigations are guided tours where groups of 8 or more get to explore the Exchange Hotel Civil War Medical Museum by candlelight while learning the history of the Exchange Hotel.
What happens on a Public Investigation?
You will be lead in small groups from exhibit to exhibit learning what connections the Exchange Hotel still has with the reported lingering spirits. There have been numerous reports of ghosts and many unexplained sounds described by previous visitors. Hear the stories of its dark past including the paranormal activity, so many have witnessed. Join us and find out if you can maintain your skepticism after a night’s visit.
You will use scientific equipment such as an EMF Detector and Mel-Meter to monitor environmental conditions while searching for paranormal activity. Use Digital Voice Recorders to ask historical questions in hopes of real confirmations of events of the past. Thousands of Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) have been recorded on the property. Many of vital importance referencing its time as a Civil War Receiving Hospital as well as activities that abound during later times in history.
Before wrapping up the investigation, we will review, discuss and attempt to debunk the data what we gather. You will get the chance to experience a real paranormal investigation from beginning to end just like you’ve seen on TV.
If you are new to ghost hunting or public investigations, please review our RULES page.
Before making your reservations
Please read the following carefully.
- Ticket cost to attend a public investigation is $25 per person. (Tickets are required to attend)
- Public investigations are scheduled on Friday nights from 8 pm – 12 pm unless the Museum has been reserved for a private investigation group.
- Public investigations require a minimum of 8 people. If we do not have enough people signed up, the investigation for that night will be rescheduled for a night when we have enough signups.
- You MUST check the calendar below. If you do not see a public investigation scheduled for the Friday night that you want to attend, DO NOT make a reservation for that night.
- Payment MUST be made in full online or by phone with a debit or credit card prior to the scheduled date of the investigation.
- Guests must be 16 years and older. Anyone attending under the age of 16 years must be approved prior to the night of the investigation. On the night of the investigation, guests under 16 years old must always be accompanied by a parent.
- ALL SALES ARE FINAL AND NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN. If you have questions or need approval for a guest, Please call us at 540.832.2944.